LGBTQ+ Socials and Events
Our term card (plaintext version) is non exhaustive, and more events will be added ad they're planned! To hear about upcoming events, sign up to our mailing list and follow the OULGBTQ+ Society Facebook page.
- The Oxford Student Union LGBTQ+ Campaign, which works to improve conditions for LGBTQ+ people in Oxford, also hosts a variety of panels, workshops, and other events.
- Queer Week (Michaelmas): In 6th Week of Michaelmas, Wadham puts together a week long festival of speakers, workshops, and events which culminates in Queerfest, a night of partying in Wadham’s gardens.
- Glitterball (Hilary): First held in 2017, Glitterball is the LGBTQ+ ball.
- Oxford Pride (Trinity): A collection of events from the end of May to start of June, ending with the Parade, starting from Radcliffe Square, and a festival, with a variety of stalls and performances.
- The QPOC Project - a group for Oxford uni students who identify as queer and as people of colour
- The Jolly Farmers - Oxford's oldest LGBTQ+ pub, hosts regular events including games, quizzes, and open mic nights.
- T(ART) Productions - an Oxford-based arts company that also hosts events for the queer community, including yoga, life drawing, and a trans, non-binary, and intersex meetup called Fruit Salad.
- Molly: Party for Queers - a monthly social frequented by many members of the LGBTQ+ community.
The LGBTQ+ Society operates a strict Zero Tolerance Policy to ensure our events are as inclusive and safe as possible.Our policy extends to but is not limited to: homophobia, racism, transphobia, queerphobia, biphobia, misogyny, harassment, xenophobia, classism, antisemitism, islamophobia and ableism. We reserve the right to ask any individual to leave an event. For more information, click here.