The LGBTQ+ Society isn’t the only provider of LGBTQ+ events! Here’s a short guide to what else is going on…
- The Oxford Student Union LGBTQ+ Campaign, which works towards improving conditions in Oxford for all members of the LGBTQ+ community, hosts meetings, workshops, panels and more.
- Queerfest - 5th Week Michaelmas - November. Wadham puts together a week long festival of speakers, workshops, and events, which culminates in a night of partying in Wadham’s gardens.
- Oxford Pride - May/June - A selection of events are run over the end of May to start of June. This all culminates in the Parade, travelling from Radcliffe Square, and the Festival, a collection of stalls and performers,, often on the first Saturday of June.
- Glitterball - First held in 2017, and due to make a triumphant return in 2019, Glitterball is the LGBTQ+ ball.
- Molly: Party for Queers - a monthly social frequented by many members of the LGBTQ community.
- Equalities weeks - Many colleges organise Equalities weeks, with speakers and events relating to many different groups (eg LGBTQ+, race, disability etc.). Equalities events are often not limited to those in the hosting college.
- Theatre - LGBTQ+ characters and issues often appear in Oxford student drama, as well as occasional touring productions coming to theatres such as the New Theatre and the Oxford Playhouse..
- More - other things come up throughout the year, so keep an eye out!